Providing Waste Gas Solutions
Gas flaring, the process of burning-off associated gas from oil wells and hydrocarbon processing plants either as a means of disposal or as a safety measure, is today recognized as a major environmental problem, contributing millions of tons of Methane and CO2 emissions worldwide. It also has major economic implications, with significant volumes of a valuable natural resource being wasted. Today, ENG offers clients worldwide a cost-effective solution.
As an EPC and fabricator for more than 37 years, ENG’s Gas to Liquids (GTL) technology enables industry to valorize and monetize waste gases and meet new emissions standards to achieve zero routine flaring and venting targets set out by COP27 for 2030.
ENG’s GTL technology is proven, modular and scalable. It operates at very low power levels, can accept various gas feed compositions directly from the well pad, flare line, or processing unit.
Our GTL plants can be designed for on & offshore mid-scale applications to convert associated, stranded, bio, landfill, and coal methane gas into valuable Synthetic liquids such as Syncrude, diesel blend, methanol, and paraffins.
Our GTL process combines two highly advanced processes. The first being a non-thermal gliding arch plasma reformer to produce syngas. The reformer utilizes the gliding arc to create radicals, ions, and excited states (translational, vibrational, and electronic) within the vaporized feed stream to promote breaking of chemical bonds for reforming aromatics and hydrocarbons into Syngas.
The second process improves the traditional Fischer-Tropsch reactor by using 4” reactor tubes with a proprietary reactor tube insert extrusion that provides improved temperature control throughout the reactor length.
Aside from the technical advantages, ENG inhouse manufacturing capabilities allows us to design and build our GTL plants in-house. They are modularized to simplify transportation and installation and can handle a wide range of site conditions.
ENG Technology Benefits
- ENG GTL plants are easily truck transportable and can be quickly moved to another site.
- Demobilization and Mobilization in as little as 48 hours.
- GTL plants are designed and built to remain in place for 25 years.
- 100% conversion of flare, vented or flare gas into diesel blend, gasoline and waxes.
- Utilization of current personnel to mange production.
- No need for additional logistics.
- Can be blended with oil field crude production.
- Tail Gas can be used to produce power.
- Fuels can be sold to neighboring oil field operations.